Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MY TIME TO GAG

Chantix Kicking Butt in Wisconsin

With multiple hat tips and bows to our inspirational leader, we learn that Pfizer has sponsored a continuing education online course through the University of Wisconsin which promotes Chantix. The "course" ignores both other first-line treatments and the variety of problems associated with the drug. More than two-thirds of those who have taken the "course" are MDs.

In the Milwaukee article cited, the following is noted about a recent JAMA report: "In the first quarter of 2008, Chantix accounted for more serious injuries (1001) than the top ten best-selling drugs combined (837).

Here is a link to the relevant article:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/43837682.html

You've come a long way, baby.






3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, the Univ. of Wisconsin. Isn’t that the same school Dr. Zdeblick works at? The guy who collected $19M from Medtronic?

    Used to be, if you don’t go to school you’ll grow up to be a fool.

    The new motto is, go to school and play the pubic for fools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a prescription to chantix about 1 week ago; and the doctor I went to today told me to wait on taking chantix because she didn't want me to take the chantix and phen together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief. Is phen, phentermine?

    If the doc's thought was that this could create a fen-phen like cocktail, my understanding is that it was not the combination that did people in, but the fen, or dexfen, by itself.

    But I am not a doc, and I offer no medical advice. If it were me, I wouldn't go within 100 miles of chantix at all if I could help it--regardless of what else I was taking.

    ReplyDelete

Note - Due to a time out issue with Blogger, you may receive a message that requires you to resend your comment. This will not affect its contents.