A Thought Experiment
Greetings all. I would much appreciate your responses to the following hypothetical situation.
Assume all drugs with the exception of relatively few (say the WHO list of "essential drugs") disappeared. And, as would follow, there would be no advertising for these in any medium.
1. Would this change the way you acted with regard to health, illness, and wellness? In what ways?
2. How about the next generation, growing up in such a situation. Do you imagine their actions relative to health, illness, and wellness would be different from yours? How so?
3. Do you think the ways you thought about health, illness, and wellness--how and where they "fit" within your life in general--would be different? How so?
4. Again, the same question for a next generation growing up in this situation?
5. In general, would the meaning of being a "patient" change in this situation?
Thank you for your reflections.